Len Saputo, MD
Light Therapy: New Frontiers of Medicine
DATE AIRED: June 2, 2017
Len discusses the applications of low energy photon therapy. This therapy increases circulation, releases nitric oxide, activates stem cells, stimulates collagen production, increases ATP energy production by 40 %, reduces inflammation, and increases lymphatic drainage. It also is anti-microbial (blue light), modulates the immune responses and reduces the excitability of nervous tissues. Len has found it helpful in treating dental problems, pain, soft tissue injuries, would healing, and heart disease. Learn about light therapy and how it helps us move towards optimal health.
His website contains 2600 audio and video files with health information and assessments
TENETS OF HEALING
- Integrative, holistic, preventive
- He includes Chinese Traditional Medicine, Aryuveda, , and Panchakarma
- Listen to what others are talking about in healing modalities
- Some approaches have been around for thousands of years.
- Approach is to do something to make the symptoms go away rather than getting to the underlying cause.
- In the US 92 billion dollars per year are spent on research on pharmacological approaches with another 32 billion from NIH (The National Institute of Health)
- A lot of teaching is based on this research.
- There are no financial incentives to do research
- This is a whole new field.
- Stimulates mitochondria and upregulates how body heals itself
- Increases circulation
- Releases nitric oxide
- Attracts activated stem cell to repair tissue
- Increases ATP production
- Decreases inflammation
- Modulates the immune response
- Increases lymphatic drainage
- Increases healing by 40 % per NASA studies
- Within 30 seconds, pain is gone
- light can stop neurodegeneration in Parkinson’s Disease
- 20 minutes a day shows improvement in Alzheimer’s Disease and Traumatic Brain Injuries
- It helps get rid of beta amyloid plaques in Alzheimer’s disease
- Light gets into the brain
Infra Red Light
- Longer wavelengths penetrate further in the body.
- Infra red goes in ten inches
- Blue light goes in only a few millimeters but results in effects through out the body.
- It is the most powerful light
- Blue light kills microbes including MRSA (Methicillin resistant staph)
- It is thought that it may travel through he body via the nerves
- Put blue light on the skin in adark room, will see red
- Body absorbs blue light causing people to see red
- Germany uses light intravenously
- Placing a catheter in vein.
- Microfilaments through needle can shine light goes all over the body
Light Therapy compared to Laser Therapy
- Lasers don’t work as well
- Lasers have only 4- 5 wave lengths
- Lasers can burn tissues because a lot of power is concentrated in a small area
The spiritual Component
- Attitude is important
- A person with a positive attitude with faith and trust that he will be taken care of, will do better in healing
- Saputo believes that all illnesses are a reflection of psycho-spiritual
- If a person is told, he has six moths to live, that prognosis might materialize due to the patient’s beliefs